View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Thank you for the feedback.

What is the main difference between the non and the 1LE's? I know the seats and tires but both are mute points. We are a Corbeau dealer and would swap the seats. The tires, I am sure would get swapped once they wear. Ideally, I would do a track set and a road set anyway. What is the issue with the brake fluid??

Now a stupid question, can you build a SS to look like a ZL1? Just like that supper aggressive style...

-Krawl
SS 1LE has an upgraded, stiffer suspension setup and also has magnetic shocks, an eLSD, upgraded brakes, etc. It also includes HUD and recaro seats. You could sell the seats if you don't want them. It would be nice to start with the 1LE package for your purposes, and if you want to move to a fully adjustable race suspension you can sell the old parts (there are people looking for them, people with stock SS who want the 1LE parts).

Brake fluid...most will switch to something like SRF if you are going to track seriously. Pretty easy to boil the stock stuff in hot conditions.

PDR...good for basics, but not super customizable and a gopro will be much more versatile if you really want good video.

Can you get the ZL1 aero parts and put them on an SS? Yes you can, check out websites like wildhammer motorsports and phastek, the parts are available, even up to and including the entire front clip. It's expensive though and a lot of people theorize about doing the conversion, before they get their car. After is a different story. If you do get an SS 1LE, you will probably just learn to like the look and won't feel the need to convert the entire front to look like a ZL1.

If you are sure you will go forced induction, it probably does make more sense to get a ZL1 though. That way you get the LT4 fueling system which can handle the increased flow.

Last edited by protovack; 09-09-2019 at 04:36 PM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote