View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromode View Post
Hi Guys,
I know there is quite a few threads about ticking noises, but this does not sound like normal DI noises to me.
Long story short i have a 2018 camaro ss manual 6 speed. Car has 7500 miles. I had the head replaced at 7100 miles because of misfiring and rough idle after hitting a money shift. Luckily dealer covered it under warranty with no cost to me. In terms of performance modifications car is bone stock. Got the car back and it runs and drives great, but there is a ticking noise coming from the engine that i am 95% sure was not there prior to the head replacement. It is noticable at all rpms but is the worst at 3000rpm and 5000rpm.The sound does not go away after warming up. The 2 videos below you can hear the noise, its much louder in person. The sound can be heard well in the second video around 3000 and 5000rpm.(when i play the second video on my laptop speakers i cant hear the ticking, but when playing the video on my phone it is very noticeable, so give it a listen on your phone if you can) I took it back to the dealer last week and they said the noise is coming from the high pressure fuel system. Service manager said the techs took a stethoscope to it and that is where the noise is coming from. They replaced a part from the fuel system(cant remember what exactly but ill try to find the papers that say) but the noise is still there. The service manager said it seems a little quieter after they replaced a part from the fuel system but told me to let him know what i think.

Any input on what this could be is greatly appreciated.

Videos:

Listened on IPad and sound exactly like my 2016 SS (sold now). I don’t hear anything unusual, sorry.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote