View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 02:06 AM   #158
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
It is a complex product and has gone through multiple base tune revisions. I don't have lap to lap comparisons, but from a driver feedback perspective:

1. More stable under heavy braking conditions and less nose dive.
2. Improved weight transfer on corner exit.
3. Ability to tweak the front/rear dampening to fine tune understeer.
4. There is a launch control feature that temporarily puts the shocks into drag mode with a throttle blip.
5. You can zero the mag ride shock ride height in the software.
6. On the street, the ride is more comfortable and has better handling. It adjusts to different driving conditions.

Cons:
1. I'm a mechanical engineer that had a vehicle dynamics class in college. The software is difficult to navigate for me.
2. Minor changes require you to update entire tables.
3. Tracks that have elevation changes can create a "floaty" feeling.
4. The last 6th Gen Camaro tune was updated in Feb of 2020 and is common across the SS and ZL1.

For tuning on my ZL1 with 1LE aero and 1LE sized Goodyear 3R's, I've reduced the base tune front shock stiffness by 25-50 mA to tame understeer. It is a relatively minor change. <Edit> The file name below says reduced OVERSTEER, because I went down to 1700 mA and then back up to 1725 mA. The base tune is 1750 mA. The rear shocks are unchanged from 1400 mA.
Hi, can you confirm if these final conclusions of yours based on your experience with the DSC controller were all based off of using just the stock generic calibration DSC provides, or your own alterations and adjustments or finally lastly, someone else’s calibration tune?

The reason I ask is I just want to know if your results would at all be influenced by your own abilities versus someone else’s.

I am only thinking of potentially going with the DSC controller if I can easily and simply use someone else’s proven calibration tune. If you did that already, and these are still the results you got I would like to know that. Also if using someone else’s calibration tune is still very difficult to do, that would be another reason for me not to go this route, because I do not have the patience for complex detailed things like this.