View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #30
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
[QUOTE=laynlo15;11198201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Would be nice to data log those passes to see your throttle opening from the hit thru 1st gear and see how soon it opens 99.6 % and to see if there is any timing being pulled other than at the shift points. So thats your best 1/8 mile MPH but not your best 1/8 mile ET. Have you tried going to a cooler stat? and have you removed the rain shield out from under the hood heat extractor? also while your there remove the insulation thats clipped to the hood. I would have expected to see some high 1.60s 60 ft times? Guess I am dreaming LOL[/QUOTE

What aluminum shield are you talking about? You mean where the Vents are in the hood? I just don't think the 160 stat will help if its sitting in the staging lanes getting heat soaked. I did a 160 stat on my C7, wasn't impressed but maybe I'll try one again. However I'll wait till I've got the blower in hand and I can switch it out then. When I did street logs with the drag radials it wasn't pully any timing any where, none on the dyno either. I was dam close to 1.60s but not yesterday.
Its a plastic shield on the underside of the hood heat extractor vents. 5 ten millimeter nuts and its off, just put the nuts back on and tighten. How much water temp are you seeing? 210 degrees? I have a 180 stat and have the fans kick on at 190 and that drives the water temp down to 180 immediatly when sitting in the lanes. Take the hood insulation off also
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote