View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #39

Drives: Camaro
As sure as you are of what you’ve been told, I’m that sure of what I have experienced with GM controllers, albeit mostly on V8 engines. My engine is not producing the 275hp it can produce at my race because I’m running in air that is below the quality of the SAE standard it’s rated at. I’m not trying for an increase over the limits of the engine, I’m looking for 20 more HP than I currently make in bad air. I will continue on my way with my best guesses and no matter the results I’ll let you know what happened. My race isn’t until October, but I might do a little testing with the air tube since I already have it. I don’t think anyone is telling me lies, I’m certain they believe what they say.

Kurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
427, that is the point you just don't get...

People have added parts, and NONE of them resulted in extra power without a tune!

I know you just won't believe that GM hamstrung this setup like they did, but that is EXACTLY what they did to ANY of the newer forced induction cars they produce.

You literally CANNOT get ANY extra power out of them without a tune. Sad, but true.

Honestly, no-one is trying to lie to you. No one is saying that 'common sense' would dictate that extra air = extra power is somehow false or untrue. It is the fact that the entire setup is power limited by the computer.

As mentioned, you can get an EASY 25+hp by just installing a tune from a place like Trifecta. Go with their cheapest tune and you get a nice boost in power with no additional parts. Their tune is also very well tested over the long haul. That is why I myself have gone with it, since it is the most complete all-around tune that changes every part of the tune that needs it, not just WOT.

Again, no one is trying to steer you wrong. We are all just stating the same thing, that the computer controls how much power is produced at all times. You have to start there to get any more out of the engine. That is all.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote