Thread: 2021 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #100
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post
The upcharge for Mach1 equipment (bits and bobs off of the GT350) should have been less than $3000. Ford thinks they can get $5000. We'll have to see what the consumer decides. Eventually the grim reaper of markdowns comes for every car. Ford made 8000 Bullitts in 2019, and around this time last year they were 15-20% off. Buying the car but not tracking it at all is just plain stupid - unless you like paying $5000 for a silly decal that says 'Mach 1' on it, and there are people who like owning several Mach cars just to say they do - mini "collectors" if you will.

Otherwise you can buy a 52K stickered GT Premium for 44k all the live long day and add the vinyl graphics and have the same thing. Once the Mach1 is in the pipeline I might buy the trans and it's cooler from the parts sites and retrofit to my '19. I already have the BoM for the diff cooler which will be located internal to the car and installed by a shop for 1/2 the price of the kit if I bought it from Ford. I hope to work with Steeda to marry up a race radiator and mondo oil cooler into a nice, clean single-row solution.
The trans swap would be something that would interest me as well since it would be from an s550 to an s550 and oem components such as the drive shaft and mount would be readily available. I wish they had gone with a tr6060 though, the 3160 is weak and fragile. Since my car is boosted now I'll provably just go with a ben calimer built mt82 since it's the most convenient thing to do or t56 magnum swap if I want to make my life harder lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote