View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #2316
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
All the rumors I have seen are that the first engine in the C8 will be a reworked LT1 to make over 500 HP, not a new DOHC engine. How much over, I haven't heard. I am assuming it will be called the LT2. This is very believable.

Then next rumored engine after the assumed LT2, will be a 5.5L DOHC engine with a flat plane crank putting out over 600HP with a 9,000RPM redline. This, in my opinion, is less believable, but still a posibilty. The part I doubt is the flat plane crank with 9,000RPM redline. That's a bit large of a displacement for a FPC engine. It's been said 5.0 is about the limit for FPC because of vibration issues. Look how much trouble Ford is having with the Voodoo at 5.2. This could be done, but it will be tricky.

The next rumored engine is the same 5.5L FPC engine with a twin-turbo setup for over 800HP. This makes sense if they can manage the 5.5L N/A FPC engine.

Then, finally it's rumored that two electric motors will drive the front wheels for a total of over 1,000HP AWD. Crazy, but possible...
I know those are just rumors, I just can't see the first one with the FPC making over 600. Like you said look at all the trouble Ford has with the VooDoo, I don't think just because its GM they can make a bigger more powerful, higher revving version and not have the same issues.

I don't see them going FPC at all actually, especially at that displacement. If they do do FPC I would believe they would go smaller displacement like Ferrari
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote