Thread: GT350 to SS1LE?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #8
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
The GT350 market has skyrocketed in the past couple months. The trade-in value for my car was $37-42K in May. Yesterday it was $43-49K. GM dealer is offering close to the top end of trade-in and I will literally just about break even vs what I paid when I bought the car (used last year).

I got a good deal on my car when I bought it.

To your point on low end torque vs high end power that's very valid. It's the thing that I both love and hate about the Voodoo. The Voodoo motor is very special for sure and I love the sound. But I don't drive freeway's hardly ever. It is all backroads and country highway type driving and it's very difficult to stretch the legs of the Voodoo unless you really don't mind going way over the speed limit all the time. Below 5500rpm the Voodoo is not that special. Above 5500rpm and all the way to 8200rpm is where the magic happens and the motor transforms itself. I had plans to track the car several times this summer but Covid affected that.

Compared to the previous C7 I owned, the LT1 is probably a better daily driver for my situation. More low end torque. I really enjoyed the 2SS I drove (magride) several years ago and as I mentioned in some ways I preferred it to my C7 at the time. The grearbox was way better. Not as much tramlining.

So I am going to give an SS1LE a test drive and see. My ultimate goal is to have a C8 but I refuse to buy a brand new and GM is still working out kinks. I think 2-3 years and if a GS model is announced, that would be my perfect car (except for no manual).

Will report back after the test drive.
Curious, what year gt350 do you have?
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote