View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #23
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Look, I am not a lawyer, just saying if they were ever implicated and found guilty, they need to make it right, then declare they parted ways with whichever employees or whatever practices caused it, and are making sure not to repeat the failure. This is step 1 for reestablishing trust with the public, and I may well be unaware, but I see no evidence this ever happened. Present financial success does not absolve someone from lack of integrity in the past.

Alternatively, if all these complaining customers were just a bunch of karens suing Hennessey for no reason, I as a business owner would still highlight the outcomes, just to dispel any doubt (and encourage even more future business).

After all, let's say for example I wanted an Exorcist now, how do I know I won't be the next guy whose new ZL1 will end up as parts supply for future or more lucrative builds in this day and age of shortages? Again, if this never happened, my whole post is moot, but IMO there is too much noise for all those complaints to be completely made up.
I have been around performance cars since all this happened with Hennessey, I didn't have a Viper and I wasn't a customer of theirs that got screwed but I certainly heard all about it when it was happening to those people. I suppose if I were one of those people, I would still be upset but there are far too many people still bashing this shop based on what happened 20-25 years ago that happened to other people and didn't even effect them personally. This shop is clearly not the same shop it was 20-25 years ago otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I understand John is still the owner but clearly they have changed many things to turn this shop around and they work hard to provide a first rate experience for their customers and that's hard to find in most performance shops. Ultimately, what I'm saying is, I have no reason to bad mouth this shop since they never wronged me, and they clearly turned this shop around and worked hard to earn a good reputation. Whatever is in the past is between those customers and his lawyer if any of that still remains unresolved. My guess is that all has been made right by now. If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would be hesitant about sending my car there, I might have told you yes. But its been a VERY long time since those incidences and there have been no wrongdoing since then. Other than the price for what they do, I would have no issue having them build one of my cars.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote