Thread: Scammer alert
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
Beescuz

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Scammer alert

Received the following private message from ridwesman8 Title: "OEM ZL1 1LE Wheels/Tires" Message: "a buddy has this for sale and he is asking $2k shipping via FedEx, you can reach George at gerbuckzp@gmail.com if you're still interested.

When I look at the three posts ridwesman8 has done, one is linked to Pro60modman that was scammed. See link. George was the scammer and similar gmail acct.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593639

Here is the email thread to gerbuckzp@gmail.com
1:39pm Me; Hello, Was told thru private message you have a set of rims for a 6th gen Zl1 1LE. Is that correct? Thanks

2:15pm Response: Yes, that is correct. Including OEM tpms sensors and no rash or scratches on any of them, where are you located?

2:16pm Me: Fredericksburg, VA 2406

2:20pm Response: I'll be willing to do 2k including shipping costs via FedEx to VA, send me your shipping address and I can work on shipping.

2:21pm Me: Sounds good to me.

2:22pm Response: Got your shipping info and will ship as soon as payment is received, I have Zelle and Venmo, Let me know if it works so I can send you info to make payment.

2:23pm Me: How much is shipping?

2:25 pm Response: It cost $150 to ship via FedEx, and I'll be doing 2k including FedEx shipping costs, Let me know mate

So watch out for ridewesman8 and gerbuckzp@gmail.com
Attached Images

Beescuz is offline   Reply With Quote