View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #41
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
While I think this is possibly the strongest argument to make about 'why' GM will eventually produce a Z/28 it is hard to also argue against the logic that it most likely not be able to improve over the ZL1 1LE performance-wise on a the track without exorbitant costs which as we know will be a huge wet blanket on sales.

I would love to see a lightweighted Gen 6 Z/28 with some gnarly NA V8 and a low amount of options etc similar to the Gen V. BUT - the ZL1 1LE would most likely eat its lunch on any track so why would GM do that?

I think GM dropped the ball by naming the ZL1 1LE what they did versus making it the new Z/28 (FI or not).

So, if GM does offer a Gen 6 Z/28 I think it's very likely we won't see it until the end of the Gen 6 build cycle like they did with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the C7 ZR1.

It most likely won't be anytime soon, if at all. I hope I am wrong!
There are a lot of guys that don't want a FI car. A NA Z/28 could fill the same roll that the Grand Sport does for Corvette. IIRC, the GS was the top selling model toward the end of C6.

SS-1LE => Z/28 => ZL1-1LE
Z51 => GS => Z06

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote