View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #306
tadre1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Well ... just got finished with drivers side sway bar end link swap with BMR ones and to my dismay the clunk is still there. What a pain in the rear to swap, would definitely be easier to use a lift. I used a jack stand. You will need to jack the strut to get the load off the end links, just gently raise it from under the front brake rotor which will compress the strut and take the load off the links and they will come out easier.. Any whooo's, I guess the next step is to replace the mcr strut??? ... wow that really sucks. Nothing was loose by the way. All the bolts were tight ... I swapped out cause I paid for them and was curious. Now I have to do the other side ... I used the bolts supplied by BMR and 12m nord lock washers. No loctite. I followed the same route as some of the others here on this forum and it also failed for me. The end links are not the culprit ... at least for me. Interesting note ... the link I took off part number: 23240971 which is the part number to the right end link not the left. Left link part number: 23240970. Are they interchangeable? If so ... then ok. I think I am going to change over to Mevotech sway bar end links. They are like the stock ones but have grease fittings and are non adjustable. I don't like the adjustable end links. I don't need them.

Last edited by tadre1; 03-31-2019 at 03:09 AM.
tadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote