View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexnBlair View Post
OK, here is what I am looking at after some additional research and your feedback:

Stage 1
ZZP Throttle body Kit
ZZP Turbo Head Shield (I am sure it does nothing, but it looks cool)
Vermont Tuning E85 Flex Fuel Upgrade W/ Tune

Stage 2
Mishimoto Catted Down Pipe
Mishimoto Catch Can System
Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Exhaust

Additional Add On's as money works
ZZP Intake Tube
ZZP Intercooler Kit w/ charge pipes
ZZP Big Wheel Turbo
BNR Recirculation Valve

Take a look and tell me what you think. Also if you have a suggestion of any specific order you think I need to move around. Also, what ball park HP gain do you think I am looking at?

1. ZZP Throttle Body *this will require an aftermarket cold side charge pipe to fit the larger diameter Throttle Body.Get either Mishimoto or Injen. Don't get a janky "half pipe", get a full length piece. Injen is more affordable. Like everything on this list, you will need to shop around. Also, ZZP has a very aggressive black Friday campaign every year. You may want to wait on anything ZZP for that. Other companies have good deals as well during black Friday. Mishimoto has a points discount system you can put toward future purchases.

2. ZZP catted downpipe (Mishimoto is better quality but will throw a harmless emissions code (CEL) until you get tuned or have the ability to permanently turn the code off)

3. JackFab/BNR Recirculation Valve. You are going to use this upgrade on every turbo you get including the stock turbo. Like the larger Throttle Body, this mod has noticeable mid and upper RPM pull in the powerband even on a stock tune. There is another company that makes one of these for our car called Go Fast Bits. The first wave of parts were totally defective junk. I believe they have fixed the issue since then. I still wouldn't buy from them though. *these will throw a harmless CEL on occasion. This CEL will go away with you get tuned or again, have the equipment to permanently turn off the code.

4. E85 kit and tune only after you have installed the Throttle Body w/Cold Side Charge Pipe, Downpipe & Recirculation Valve. I say this because it will save you time and money going back and forth tuning everything.

Those 5 mods are a perfect starting point for you. You will be extremely happy with this base set up especially running E85 (huge power advantage). Most people stop there and are content with it. You can go much further with it (and your wallet).

Your absolute next move will be an aftermarket turbo and re-tune. Be mindful of your stock rods and pistons here. Don't go crazy on to big of a turbo if you don't plan on cracking the motor open ($$$$$$). I'm absolutely in love with my Mach5 Stage2 Hybrid Turbo I got from Trifecta. Perfect for stock internals. Turbo Bay, Vermont Tuning, TPC and ZZP all make awesome turbo upgrades for this car as well.

Also, I would highly recommend adding additional touches:
1. Add the Hot Side Charge Pipe
2. PTP Turbo Blanket
3. Mishimoto Intercooler ($$$$)
4. MSD Ignition Coils
5. Better Spark Plugs
6. Mishimoto Oil Cooler ($$$$)

*Don't waste your money on the ZZP heat shield. Spend your money on something that actually works like the PTP Turbo Blanket that is made specifically for our turbo set up.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote