View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #38
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Both of my 5th gens would ICE mode BAD at autocross's, so far the ZL1 1LE has yet to ICE mode once with a full season of autocross and a trackday under it's belt.
This must have been the problem I was having at my last autocross. Coming out of a long slalom into a hairpin i was definitely going from wheelspin to immediate brake. I felt like i had almost no brakes and the car was pushing crazy wide every run. 6th gen SS w/ supercharger and I'm sure it was affected greatly by my failed tire experiment I was running drag radials on the back that were smaller diameter than the fronts.

I was experimenting for a few reasons:
1) Hoping the DRs would give me better traction - fail as they are old and have some dry rot cracks
2) Because they are old and have dry rot cracks i want to burn them off at low speeds and not on a 120mph pass.
3) I'm a HPDE guy so i didn't really care how I did at autocross and didn't want to be burning my rear G3s off for no great reason.
4) Bring on the flaming for running DRs, but I will try it again with new taller ones and I think it still may work. The supercharger needs more tire than the G3s at autocross speeds and the sidewalls can also handle autocross cornering just fine.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote