View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
You have upset the balance of the universe and twisted the fabric of space time. intake air lean to rich rate is out of parameters according to the ecu because the air intake rate is changed. But is it a real problem? I cannot say. The limits of acceptable air rate deltas are programmed in the ecu, and the ecu has very tight tolerances. Is it a "real" problem 200k miles down the road? I don't know. Can you live with the cel, or go to a custom tune to hush the cel? up to you. That's all I got.

If you read (past tense) the forums its a common issue. I have a K&N drop in and its good. no cel. Hear the turbo etc.. all good. CAI is a waste of money IHMO. sell it and get a Race Chip.
Haha. I don’t think it’d cause harm in the long run but I don’t know. I’d rather have the CEL off and have no code but it’s whatever. I didn’t know the drop in filter let you hear the turbo, cause that’s all I wanted the intake for haha. I got it for a very good price though so I’m not too worried about that. They advertised 22 whp and 18 lb of torque but I’m skeptical...
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote