View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #11
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Okay after the above people made a lot of sense with just mixing it to lower the E % I did some digging and found two statement that is bang on IMO.

Found this Ethanol Fuel Mixture Calculator in order to make any % needed.

https://www.getmtuned.com/ethanol-fu...ure-calculator

Found this:
“I was watching a video series from The Tuning School in which the tested several different fuels in a supercharged C7 (93, E85, Ms103, c9, c85, etc) and they stated that when using ethanol that anything above E40-E50 had negligible gains as far as power goes. Rather than take that as gospel I wanted to see if anybody else seen this in their experience/dyno testing?”

Found this:
“ScottyBG , 01-31-2017 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast
Yes I agree with that 100%. I run my car on E70. I'm running 15 lbs of boost and 19 degrees of timing. I've tried from E65 through E85, with no noticeable difference in performance. The advantage of E85, is pump and don't worry about mixing. The advantage of running E70 vs E85, is it lowers demands on the fuel system, and you get a little better mileage. E70 is made by mixing 1 gallon of premium gasoline (E10) with 4 gallons of E85. The driver for me doing this was this, I buy my E85 from Speedway, and it is often lower than E85 in the winter. I've tested it as low as about 73%. If you have the car tuned on E70 and you get fuel that tests 85% out of the pump you can always drop it to E70 with a little gasoline, it is usually right there beside the E85 on the same pump. If you have your car tuned to E85, and the E85 tests 72% that day there is nothing you can do about it, your just going to be running rich. Not the end of the world, but not optimum tuning. I made 714 RWHP on the E70, with an unlocked converter on the stock LS1 bottom end. So far so good, its lasted almost a week so far.

In the hottest part of summer, and running high inlet air temps the E85 may make a more noticeable difference, because of the higher fueling requirements, it will cool the intake charge a little more. When summer comes around I may go to strait E85, it can be done simply by changing the stoich from 10.7 down to 9.8. E70 and E85 are close enough that any difference in the timing and VE tables will be negligible. I wouldn't feel that way going from like E40 to E85 though, I'd need to retune it to verify that big of a difference in E content.”
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote