View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #148
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithias View Post
As a 19 2SS owner I feel a little mix of emotions. While I love the styling of my car, I feel that with this new redesign, my car will be looked down upon as an ugly step child even though it now becomes unique. Will it affect my resale value when I trade up later?

I could perhaps do a bumper conversion, but that's a hasle, and I can't even find any videos of someone taking apart the 19 front bumper so I could at least see what I'd be up against.

So in the end, I love my car but I'm super disappointed in Chevy for not sticking to there guns and caving to people, who let's be honest, probably wouldn't have bought an SS to begin with.

Guess I'll enjoy my whole 2 extra cubic inches of air flow from the flow tie. I'll just wait for the C8 hype to die down and order one of those in a couple years.....

I get what you're saying. But you liked it enough to buy it! That's worth something. Initially with the 2020 news, i was kinda pissed. But i saw enough 18's 19's next to each other at the dealer, that i came to the conclusion i like them both with a slight preference to the 19's in certain colors. And also thought if the SEMA front end was true... i would like it better, but the 19 is still good

I got to say, while everyone seems to have a preference in which front end they like, i find the radically emotional opinions a little weird. It's like you've found this awesome gal* with all the physical attributes that turn you on (huge pair of cylinder banks for example), and then you reject her because you don't like what she did with her hair.

*sorry i wasn't more inclusive here... but i'm tired
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote