View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #141
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
"The general public" doesn't care about any of the above, one way or another. Making a big section of the front match color with the rest of it as opposed to having a contrasting gloss black section instead s probably by far the most noticeable difference between one Camaro version and another since the 5th gen was refreshed, and the general public still doesn't care. They almost certainly aren't using the paddle shifters at all, and either way wouldn't see what delay there is as "insane" or anything other than normal.

You seem to be projecting priorities of enthusiasts (who do notice, and do care) onto the general public which does not.

The general public does on occasion read car reviews, from which they get opinions about these cars which sometimes defy objective reality ("you can't see out of it!", as opposed to, visibility is relatively restricted but you can still see everything you need to to operate it safely), so if the general opinion of the refreshed 6th gen changes from the common idea that it's ugly we may see more sales - this remains to be seen. So there can be some value in this change, other than a return to a more traditional Chevrolet (and since the 5th gen, Chevrolet Camaro) front end.

i'm separating out the people of this forum who notice every little thing that's different from the general car public ..which includes the reviewers who will make statements such as "the front end looks ugly" or "the 5th gen is too similar to the 6th" etc.

I dont think if someone looked at those reviews of the 2019 that said it was ugly and then looked at the 2020 car ...that they'd see a real difference. I dont think the reviewers will honestly say it's much different either.

It's visually a bit more appealing, but the people who got really butt hurt over the 2019 are still going to be butt hurt over the 2020 because it's still mostly got the same problems. the front end is too angry looking and got too many angles and fangs and corners.

The reviewers however, if they did have paddle shifters that were useful make make that very known, and even though the general public would probably hardly ever use them, they would respond to the fact that their car had paddle shifters that worked as it sets them apart from all other automatics and is something you only see in sports cars with dual clutch transmissions, etc. It's something they'd brag about or be sold on.

The interior issues would similarly be a huge departure from existing models.

If you can't or have no plan to fix the main issues the public has with the car like size, visibility, rear seats or trunk opening... .then you should try and improve the other things that dont alter the car substantially manufacturing-wise but vastly improve the quality of life. Like interior plastics, gauge area, shifting (for auto's), hand-brake functionality, and the plastic parts they slap on the outside that greatly impact the perception of the car. Classing the car up a bit would go a long way to improving ownership numbers without compromising the performance.

edit: and full disclosure, I'd never buy a new one unless my current one got hit by someone and totalled not because I dont like how the camaro looks or dont like how the 2020 looks, but because I dont want to waste my money by buying a new car every couple years. Chevy doesn't have to worry about selling me a camaro - i'd buy one when the time comes pretty much no matter how it looked. it's the only car i've ever spent money on and i've had multiple generations. But there aren't enough people like me it seems since the numbers keep dropping, so I'm suggesting things that would make it appeal to more than just me. Without alienating people who like it like i do.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote