View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #11
D K

Drives: C5
It's good to know that it is at least a 'proper' eLSD.

I HATE how oems call elsd a diff that is open and uses individual brakes to limit wheel spin
NOT ELSD!

There is a huge price difference between the 1LE and base.
I will probably keep a lookout for a base :(

I'm sure this question has been asked a 1000 times, but what exactly is keeping from instaling the eLSD afterwards?
Obviously cost, but what else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Correct, no PTM in an SS either and won't be able to add. Although, depending on exactly which mods you're looking to do it might make PTM ineffective anyways.

I'd say eLSD is better than a regular lsd, too. The eLSD still uses clutches, it's just using a separate hydraulic pressure system to control coupling torque between the wheels rather than the old mechanical systems. Its benefit is it can practically go from fully opened to fully locked unlike a traditional lsd and it can be opened or coupled independently from the driveing/braking torque resulting in better overall control of the system. Exactly how much better is likely dependent on driver skill and how well the tune works with other mods, but I'd be pretty surprised if switching from eLSD to lsd would make anyone faster assuming other mods don't cause issues with it.
D K is offline   Reply With Quote