View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #13
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have the same daily commute as you and went through a similar debate. My final choice was a Camaro 1LT, V6, manual 6 speed. I choose it as I pretty much found the car. I was initially looking for a V6 Camaro 6 speed manual had to be white due to how hot it is where I live- 2017 or 2018 with NPP. I found the 2016 (white) with only 6K miles and picked it up for only 19K. I have been driving it 3-4 months now and can confirm it's a great choice for a commuter. Reasons- the 6 speed is pure joy to row, the car gets great gas mileage- I average 33 MPG, it runs on regular 87 octane gas, it's super fun to drive instead of a boring "cookie cutter" car and even the cloth base seats in it are super comfy for the long drive. And it's still way fast enough when you wind up the 6. Doesn't have the monster torque of the SS V8 but plenty enough for the commute and to have a little fun once in a while. The only changes I made to it so far is upgrade the super quiet non NPP to a MBRP axle back. The car now has a nice throaty sound and the V6 howls nicely at the upper RPM's. To me, it's the perfect balance for a fun, daily commuter that won't break the bank on operating costs. For a weekend only car I would for sure get the SS but for daily driver the V6 is a fine machine.