View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #9
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I'm assuming you don't have that 5th gen SS in your sig anymore

I'd say go with the V6. It's the best daily driver if you aren't going to mod and don't need the extra torque of the turbo. You can put regular gas in it, and the cost of ownership will be lowest. Stock for stock, it is technically faster in the 0-60 and quarter mile than the turbo 4, but I will say that having driven both, the turbo 4 *feels* faster, because its lighter and dives into corners better, and when the turbo is making peak torque it definitely kicks you in the pants more than the V6.

But the 2.0T requires premium fuel, and that is the price you pay for that little extra kick.

My 2.0T gets 33-34 mpg on the highway pretty easily. The V6 should net you the same but on 87 octane. The total difference in cost of ownership between the 2.0T and the V6 will be small but it is there.

SS is not a good daily driver for your purposes. Lots of people daily their SS or even ZL1, and will tell you to "Just do it man, you'll regret your life forever if you don't." Don't fall for it. They say that to anyone and everyone no matter what their financial situation or plan for using the car.

If you came on here and said "I'm looking to get a Camaro to put in my garage as a museum piece and never drive it, ever"....people would respond with "SS or nothing! RESALE VALUE!"
Pretty much how I feel.

Thanks all for the feedback and kind comments. While we may disagree, we can all agree camaro is the best looking of three.