View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Advice: Daily Driver Long Commute

Hey community,

I’ve been looking for a while and wanted to pay off my current Hyundai Elantra before purchasing, but after discussing with wife, she made a good point and asked why I would spend so much on a car only to drive it occasionally. We can afford letting me daily drive the camaro (gas/maintenance) and we know I’ll enjoy driving it all the time anyhow, so let’s stop caring about depreciation and enjoy the car. I’ll never really enjoy taking “the commute car”.

I currently drive 35-40 miles one way to work (~55-60 min). Instead of paying off my Hyundai I want to just trade it in for a camaro (debating between 3LT or 2SS, I like the features and tech). Only features I care about in addition to trim are NPP exhaust and blackout package.

The point of this post was to ask for recommendations that can make it better for a daily driver. Are all weather tires the best route? Is the v6 (or v4) really that much more practical in terms of maintenance/Gas? Any mods or changes you recommend for better commuting? Etc

Side note: I never plan to track the car, just simply get looks and enjoy an awesome car daily. I’ll probably keep the car for 3-4 years and upgrade.

Thanks in advance