View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy W. View Post
A few years ago I restored a 1980 El Camino. It had a custom paint job in a dark tint maroon. It had only been out of the shop for less than 24 hours when a child in the back seat of a 4 door sedan opened the back door and wacked it hard with the corner of the door where it fits over the rear wheel well. Now get this..........I was parked way out in the parking lot, no cars within 15 spaces and this lady decided to park next to me. I raised a lot of hell, and she gave me her insurance company which happened to be nearby and I went over and collected a 750 check for the dent on the spot.
That is the proper way to handle such situations. I got door slammed in a parking lot one day, while I was in the car. I got out and asked the lady if she knew what she just did. She played dumb and when I showed her the crease she put in my door and asked her what she was going to do about it she just said "I'm sorry" and started walking away towards the store. I said "Ma'am, I'm going to need to get your insurance information to pay to fix this". To which she replied, "I don't think so" and kept walking. Then I said "Ma'am, if you don't give me your insurance information there will be a policeman here when you finish your shopping".
She came back and gave me her info, and her insurance paid to fix the dented door.

People can be such inconsiderate a-holes!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote