View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #21
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
I do shows all over and drive to 99.9 % of them. Indianapolis was a blast both years when we drove there and had to clean her up again. Bowling Green is a bit more of a tough drive after the usual Indiana storms enroute to get her cleaned up for that kind of competition. Good luck to all the competitors !!

Bumblebee, Lawdog and my son decided after the last fest we would sit this year out and see what next year brings so I am happy someone else can real in the big win this year !

We are truely going to miss this years competition and all of the friends that we made !!

AND

Great idea on opening it up to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category.

It certainly gives people more incentive to participate.

I mentioned last year that one of these years you may want to consider putting the cars that previously won a trophie in any prior Camarofest years in their own separate class to compete against past trophie winners only, like a Hall of Fame Class, LOL. That would open up the competition even further and make it more enjoyable for newcomers to compete. Just a thought.
We had a class for the F-Body Gathering called the "Reunion Class" allot of us who would participate in the show to be judged finally tossed in the towel and this was a class that judges would go around and choose what vehicle they liked best if I recall we had 15 reunion class winners. We did not have to spend the hours on hours cleaning for s it was just fun to be on display (the majority of us always keep our vehicle super clean and we are over the spending hours cleaning at the show) so we created this class.

If Camaro Fest continues and the car show portion grows this would be a neat class to have.