View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #25
ScaryFatKidGT

Drives: NGM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Caddie? No thanks.

I’m done anyway. Ended up with a ‘19 Mustang GT base 6spd, ruby red metallic. Couldn’t pass it up for $28777 ($8k off). Loving it so far. Comfortable, handles great, plenty fast enough for me and sounds incredible.
The ATS-V is a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
IMO you dodged a bullet with the STi... I traded my '16 STi in for my Camaro and it's not even close in terms of what you get for your money.

The STi has a great AWD system which is amazing to drive on snow and dirt covered roads, but it also sucks the power and gas down. It does horrible on the highway, both power and fuel economy are simply poor. The car is rather slow, you'll struggle to keep up with V6 Camrys and Ecoboost Ford Escape SUVs. It can't carry much without the handling and fuel economy taking a huge hit.

And finally the engine is a ticking time bomb and the opposite of confidence inspiring. The car doesn't have adequate cooling and will overheat and make horrible smells and gurgling noises when driven hard, and it'll cut boost and timing but not throw a code so the dealer can't verify it.

It's a nice but old-fashioned and critically flawed AWD system and all else is absolute crap in that car. Subaru has made no effort to make this car significantly better over the years and as a result it's NOT much better than it was in 2004.
A great AWD system and a flawed one? I love the AWD system, it's basically the only thing left with 3 limited slips but not all electronic tq vectored and stuff. The engine is VERY old and hasn't been updated sense basically 2008. For me it was the price too, I got a great deal on my 1LE and it is a lot more car. Subaru also had an obsession with understeer, idk if it is to make the car handle well on loose surfaces or what.
ScaryFatKidGT is offline   Reply With Quote