View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #81
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
That's the one thing, in my curiosity, that seems like it could be a very small liability, but probably easily defeat-able, IF it has any merit. I get the venting, and that makes sense, and seems great. But what about the vapor from the venting? I'm, honestly, asking if there's any problem with it dripping or the vapor leading the oily film where it shouldn't be? I could easily see zip-tie'ing a small rag around the filter if I were that concerned, but I'm just wondering for anyone with one that might be willing to add to conversation.

I don't really like the idea of venting to atmosphere, and the emissions-part of that, but I'm less concerned about that (and what little, if any, impact it honestly might have) than the benefit of relieving crankcase pressure. I'm seeing 15-16-lbs of boost (not making power a lot of you are making at that level with H/C/LTs/etc.), but boost is boost, and pressure is pressure, so I'm kinda' wondering if I might want to jump ship and try a MM.

And for clarification - I stated MAYBE 700-miles between oil changes. If I changed at 3K-miles, it would, obviously, be more
I thought the same thing. But someone here mentioned the Metco Valve Cover Breather. I kept my installed CC and added the breather. That seems more practical than replacing your CC.

Ps. Just ship it to me and I'll forward it to you
DSX Flex fuel/Low side
NW 103mm TB/Roto-Fab CAI
Monster S Series
Elite E2-X
2" TSP LT's
BMR:BK063, BK060,TCA061, UTCA060, UTCA063
Weld Beadlocks/17" NT5R2

Last edited by MartinLe; 05-03-2022 at 01:38 PM. Reason: add info
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote