Thread: Nitto 555RII
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #27
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
Good to hear man thanks for sharing. Let me know about those digs when you can. Also have you tried a first gear roll at 30 mph? Maybe even a 20 roll? Wonder if they would still hook. If they lose traction at those low speeds do the R2s recover quickly enough and take off well?

With the performance mods that you have to your SS it seems like your car is up there in power like the ZL1 if not more, so if those tires are hooking decently at your power level then it must say something.
Oh yea I have tried it all. both versions will hook from a first gear roll if you heat the tires up a bit. On cold tires they break loose if its below 70 degrees outside. The colder it gets outside the harder it gets. Once you get below 45-50 degrees you won't even hook from second gear...then its leave traction control on. We are getting close to those temps around here. So my days are numbered for testing. I like 55-65 degree sunny days that heat the road up but the air is still cool.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote