View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #11
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
what kind of power gain does procharger claim for the p1x? that timeslip looks like a bone stock car with drag radials.
You've got a very valid point. I was initially very disappointed with the result. The corrected values made me feel a little better, but yeah, hopefully there is a lot to gain in the tune. If not, I'll be ripping it apart to figure out what's wrong.

Couple things to think about though...

One, it's the canned tune. I've heard folks say, it's basically a safe tune so you can drive it to the tuner. I agree. I haven't done that yet, because honestly, I want to learn to do it myself. Was waiting for after my first benchmarks at the strip before I mess with the tune.

Two, the car, on the same track, was previously in the 12.6@113 (12.4@114 corrected) ET range, so getting an 11.9@117 (11.7@120 corrected) ET is a huge improvement.

Working backwards, calculating the stock flywheel horsepower with the online calculators was spot on at 450HP flywheel with the corrected numbers NA/stock.

With the new corrected numbers, it puts it around 540 flywheel HP. About half of what it is supposed to be with the PC. Only a 90HP improvement, where the kit claims 160 to 180.

So, while I'm disappointed, it is what it is. I'm really hoping it just means there's a lot of very obvious differences I should be able to make with the tune. I think it will be a great learning experience. I've got a lot of past experience with older cars to build on at least.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote