View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 01:57 PM   #14
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I provided data about the real depreciation of a SS, I provided a site that shows the depreciation on a Zl1. He already owns a SS so there is no way to equate many of the attributes you want to account for. Ballpark numbers suggest it is significantly cheaper to FBO his current ride over the next 5 years. I'd say $3500 in bolt-nns and it would add $1000 in resale. So $2500 for roughly equivalent street performance.
Once again, list the bolt ons. List the time to do these modifications. Please add in the assumed cost of a loss of factory warranty.

Quote:
I can't do any dynamic calculations other than a SS on PS4 tires is a nice package, the Zl1 is much heavier. The OP does no mention he is into corner carving so I would assume the SS with PS4 would be all he wants and needs meaning the Zl1's handling advantage equates to zero $$$$$. The SS is lighter so IMO it has less tendency to get itself into trouble in the real world.
You are making assumptions and arguing facts that are not in evidence. Since no mention was made of handling, you are discounting the costs of that very handling. You are also making statements that are not supported by evidence.

To be clear then, you are depreciating a ZL1 and not including any of the costs to upgrade the SS to anything approaching a ZL1s capabilities. This is a complete strawman argument.

Once again, you said that it is cheaper to upgrade a SS to be a ZL1. Called on it, you are crawfishing.

Quote:
I'm really sorry for you if you don't understand that a new ZL1 will depreciate about $9K more than a FBO currently owned SS, and you need to result to childish antics. shame really.
Seriously??

I can state that an SS on PS4S tires, even slightly wider with a slightly lower aspect ratio (nearly same OD as OEM) do not transform the SS into a ZL1. The PS4S will heat cycle out much more quickly than the QY SC3s. So much so that they become greasy and actually a bit dangerous to be on. I also have found that the GYSC3s provide better off the line traction, if they are at the proper temperatures.

Either you can support your argument or you cannot. So far you have provided scant facts.

Last edited by Lafourche1; 06-26-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote