View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #8
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I disagree here, it is relatively cheap to bolt on and E85 a LT1, FBO I did beat a Hellcat thru the gears, he was closing on me in when I shut down at 110 MPH. Probably near even in a 1/4 mile both of us on street tires not DRs (Hellcat high trap for sure). I felt FBO on the M6 (still could use NLS) was a near ideal street car, light, fun, bout as much power that can bee hooked to the ground. There are cheap was to do this too, for instance a Pray ported intake and LT5 TB (stock off the shelf) is really near a MSD and 103 MM, for 1/3 the price.

I'm sure with DR / slicks and a prep track the ZL1 can then apply the torque to the ground, I'd take the ZL1 auto, the OP does not mention he wants to do this. I will point out there are FBO M6 in the low 11s and I believe Pray / SixGunSled's buddy has a high 10 M6 with drag pack. So it would be about even with the fastest Zl1 stock

The depreciation on a ZL1 could easily pay for FBO on the SS ( including the further depreciation of his currently owned SS). I was and am frankly shocked at the ZL1's nominal depreciation. But please show me the data of a Zl1 auto 2017 cost vs selling price over 3 years, toss in the 8% sales tax too. I roughly estimate that my SS loses 2.5K a year or 10 K since I owned out the door price - what I could sell it for now put back to stock condition. So say 3K on the high side of or 12K for 4 years, just for discussion sake.
https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/ca...tyle=401720981

That is 21K of depreciation (not including taxes, insurance etc), his currently owned SS would be 12K (see above), 3K for FBO, he is coming out 9K ahead over 5 years just on depreciation.
Let's be clear. I am asking you to detail the line item costs to upgrade a Camaro SS to a ZL1. This is to have all of the functionality, performance, features, safety equipment, cooling, chassis tuning, etc. Straight line performance is only one piece of this puzzle. You work up the costs, line by line item.

Once you have those costs, we can work on depreciation schedules. Are we considering straight line depreciation or accrued depreciation models?
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote