View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #75
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Feels like jumping the gun a bit, wouldn't suspending any new registrations and waiting with the final decision at least till April 30th have been a bit better? Nobody has full clarity about the situation and postponing to 2021 is a drastic move.
Not jumping the gun at all.

This decision included variables totally outside whether this pandemic is gone or not. Some of our key team members have lost jobs, and already informed us they will not make it. That goes for attendees as well who desperately need refunds now. We have a no refund policy to ensure the event remains funded, but there is no way we would ever deny anyone a refund in this situation. Our team, vendors and attendee families come first.

You also just can't pause and then try to put things together in 2 months either. We're talking about two separate tracks, convention center, hotels and a ton of vendor interaction, not to mention awards, shirts, coins pre-sales and advertising. Joe and I have real jobs and this takes many months of planning.

Our economy has taken a hit like never before and everyone needs time to recover, including myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I can almost guarantee Kentucky won’t be allowing large gatherings at that point. Our governor is doing a better job than most.

Thanks to all those who asked how I am feeling. Pretty much still in bed with extreme fatigue fever and chills.
Hang in there buddy... getting some immunity to this thing may be a silver lining for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpsmith1 View Post
I’m very sad to hear about this and would’ve been my first one. I was so excited to go, as was my gf. But IMHO, it’s the right call. It was less than 3 months away and this is not something you’d want to cancel within two months.

Mike
Was really looking forward to hanging out with you too. Yeah, we've already paused long enough on some of the cool ideas we had for #10 that there is no way we could do it justice at this point. Just more time to get ready for the BIG ONE in 2021.