View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 06:29 AM   #40
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
Would it be possible for you to post an image of your HUD display in relation to your Dash and stirring wheel?
Showing all three?
My Hud is canted over.. It's not correct. It's not level at all.
It looks like it was just tossed on the windshield.
I went back to the dealership, myself, and the Service advisor went out and looked at two other Camaro's with Hud Displays.
Both were all over the place as well.
We sat in the two different Corvettes.
Both were perfectly lined up.
I've found three things so far with my new SS Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the Hud when it comes to the Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the paint on the Camaro.
The Water Temp Gauge on our Camaro does not work.
The Water Temp gauge goes directly up to one certain degree within sixty seconds after starting the car.
It doesn't move from that spot at all.
It doesn't mater if it's 95 degrees sitting in traffic. It doesn't matter if the A\C On.
It doesn't matter if you're cruising peacefully on a winter months at 40 degrees on a back road.
She locks on and sticks at one spot.
My Motorcycle temp gauge goes all over the place up and down.
The Temp gauge in my Tacoma does the same.
I know exactly when the Fan will come on with my Hayabusa and Tacoma.
When I'm driving home slow on my gravel road, the Suzuki and Tacoma both jump right up past 200 degrees.. The Fan starts running full blast and I can see her cool down on the gauge.
The temp gauge has always bothered me.
Jumps up moments after start, goes right to "operating" temp within a couple minutes, and really never moves.
Like an analog idiot light.

Is the cooling system that effective that it can maintain nearly steady operating temp?
Or is the gauge a placebo for the driver to let him think the temp is okay no matter what?

Love to see what a 160° thermostat and fan tuning would do to the gauge readout.

That's the one thing I miss from the C6, the cluster was accurate, display and readout.
Looking at the gauges you knew exactly what mph, rpm you were going, the oil pressure to the psi, temp to the degree, how many gallons of gas you had left, and voltage if that mattered.

Camaro instruments are very vague.