View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #67
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
Curious about this. A few things:

1) 15mm spacer, check. What size the hub on these camaros? I have a 12 mm spacer, i think the hub is 72.6 mm, any chance that works?

2) Super curious about how your lowered the car with MRC and eibach. Did you adjust the ride height thingy? Or did you just slap some springs on? How does the car feel? Is it too firm in touring?
Hello!

To answer your questions.

1) The 6th gen SS are 67.0 mm hub bore, so the 72.6 is not ideal for a 12mm spacer, a spacer that wide would need to be hub centric to function properly.

2) Eibach is offering springs that are MRC compatible. The sensors on each control arm do not need to be adjusted, they only detect transient movement and do not measure ride height. The car feels great, same comfort level in touring, less dive under braking, less squat under hard acceleration, meshes well with the factory swaybars. Sport mode feels even better and I can't wait to try track mode in a track environment. All in all it bolsters the MRC suspension even more.

Depending on which wheels your SS came with, will determine which spacers you can get and how much trimming of the studs you will need to do.

The solid 5 spokes, you can run the 25mm eibach spacers (minimum needed) and not need to trim the studs on front or rear. The twin spoke 5s will need trimming on front and rear for the 25mm eibach spacers.

I have yet to encounter a SS with the forged split 5 spoke wheels, which I think are the last available option, not sure what those need as far as spacers or stud trimming required.
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote