View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanf16 View Post
Is the consensus alignment setting -2.5 in front and -1.5 in the back?
I've been running at ~-2.8 / ~1.8 for a year. I'm sure there is variation between machines. Think actuals were -2.76 / -1.78.

On the wickerbill, I've been running it for a year, too, but, for looks. The GM version is much smaller / shorter than a lot of aftermarket. I have ran it on and off with not any real benefit in overall lap times: a bit more understeer in places, better planted feel in others, probably one mph down on a 120mph straight, etc. I like the looks well enough to leave it. My GoPro, on track days, right in the center / rear of the trunklid probably does something to mess up airflow, too.

For data, one of these days, I'm going to run it on then off and log voltage (via MDI2) to the four ride height sensors on a smooth road / track at a few speeds. Then, I'll see what weight I have to add to each corner to see same results. I can then reasonably tell what downforce (or lift) component in pounds I have at a given speed with it. As you compress the sensors / lower the ride height, the voltage goes up (0 - 5 volt range).
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote