View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #27
Harley_vette

Drives: 2016 2SS convertible Nighfall Gray
thank you for posting... that's exactly what mine was doing. Creaking or rattle on the passenger side back area.... Didn't even take it to the dealer... opened the top... quick lube the areas.. I added some felt that has sticky back on the pin... took it for a drive... NO MORE squeaking.......

now....to hope for a more permanent fix.

Thanks again for the pics and posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Well, the service manager said he heard TWO distinct noises, a "rattle" and a "clunking" noise.

The rattle was caused by the bracket (pic 2) that goes onto the bolt (pic 1) when the trunk deck is in it's normal place (regardless if top is up or down). He said GM has had problems with this and told him to specifically check it. Apparently the bracket is so tight on the bolt, that it moves side to side on the bolt, rattling in the process. Notice how the bolt is covered in Velcro, which was lubricated. How long will this fix last? who knows. I am not going to let it end with this though. I don't feel it's a proper fix.

The clunking noise was from the stoppers not being adjusted properly, making the trunk deck bounce up & down slightly.

At this time, the noises are completely gone.
Harley_vette is offline   Reply With Quote