View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #26
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Agree with the above. The LT4 is very consistent and makes right what it should.

Now, the Hellcat definitely has something going on. Either they made the holy grail drivetrain and gotten below 10% or there is huge inconsistency in which case I'm not sure how they got the engine certified. Hellcats around me almost always put down 620-650 RWHP. I've seen a few putting down high 600s like 670-680 RWHP. We've had this discussion on this forum before and I've been a proponent of the Hellcat being underrated. I recall a Mopar engineer or something saying the Hellcat engine is a 740 HP class engine, which would line up a lot more. Again, I'm not sure about all of this but just go look at the stock dyno threads on the Hellcat forums. They're definitely a happy engine.
All of this makes the ZL1 all the more impressive when compared to the redcateyedemon or whatever marketing mopar is pushing now. I must say they are damn good at promoting their product but if they don't bring back the VIPER they'll never have my attention...

Last edited by GrabTheWheel; 11-19-2018 at 10:42 PM.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote