View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #34
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_blue_2ss_camaro View Post
It's similar, but yours sounds a little deeper in tone. Mine is like a high pitched clicking. It's easier to hear in the second video when the car is sitting still:

Just turn it up a bit and listen when the wheel is turning, both inside and watch the tire when the camera is outside the vehicle. I've never tracked it. Only a daily.

EDIT: on the Camaro 6th Generation Facebook group a helpful person by the name of Glen told me it was PL 1498C Labor operation 8080168, so if anyone hears this same noise, I believe this is the TSB to fix it.
That sounds like what I had. My clicking was simply louder because I was AutoXing. I never tried turning my wheels at a stop to get the noise, but it sound just like that when I am turning the car. The outer wheel would click as if a twig was stuck in the wheel spokes.

I have no way of seeing what that TSB is, but you should be aware if you have the same issue my car did there is a TSB that only temporarily fixes the issue and it returns after a few weeks. They simply clean the corrosion off the mating surface, but they don't coat it with anything to prevent the corrosion from returning. The corrosion is somehow the source of the clicking noise.