View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
James4086

Drives: Black 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
That's interesting that there is a Mobile1 synthetic 0w-40 that meets Dexos2 but it only seems to be available in Europe?

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LC...esp-0w40.aspx#
I think there's a local lube center (Mobil1) that handles that stuff. I didn't look to see where you are from before I started this post, but if they can get it in Prairieville LA, I'm sure you could get it sent to you from amazon or something. Most oil places will just charge you for a base oil change (minus a couple of dollars for bringing your own oil) and still do the change for you.

Also, +1 to Mr. Wyndham. It says on the description of dexos1 and dexos2 that "2" is for diesel engines and places with more strict emissions requirements. Also, the performance supplement only recommends the dexos2 stuff y'all have been talking about for track cars only. Day-to-day is supposed to stick with the 5w-30. I guess if you live in warmer climates (like here in LA) you could probably get away with the Xw-40 year-round because I've been running the DOT-4 brake fluid in my '13 ZL1 year-round too. However, unless I find a time when I'll have my car on the racetrack for more than a weekend at a time, I'm going to stick to the 5w30.