View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 05:17 PM   #9
rodrigo7x

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Ohm load on front speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
You want to tap the fronts, because the rear speakers do not get a full-range signal.

Oh, I might have an idea...
Attachment 1037449

A11 in that diagram is the radio/receiver module that we've been discussing. On our cars (2019+), the two connectors in question are X1 and X2, which look like the picture below. As you can see on the diagram, all but one speaker wire come from X2. I'm hoping to get the breakout harness to go between the radio module and those two connectors.

Attachment 1037450

If you go through with this before I do, I'd love if you would share where you end up mounting the amp!
Hi Msquared,

Do you know if the ohm resistance on the two wires going to the two fronts and the two tweeters are together a 4 ohm load or are they a 2 ohm load when wired as your diagram shows?

My car already has a pac lp7-2 loc with the front speakers as inputs to power a sub mono amp. I want to put in the key amp 200.4 and hookup the front speaker wires and the rears into the amp inputs. Kicker advised me to split the front speaker wires before the key amp to reuse them as inputs to the pac loc so I can keep my sub amp too. But I’m just wondering if the front speaker wires have a 4 ohm load or two ohms since the tweeters are there too. Thanks!
rodrigo7x is offline   Reply With Quote