View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
You don't buy a 1LE to go fast in a straight line, it's a track monster, it'll take the heavy mercedes easily.

If you just want to go in a straight line, buy the mercedes, or better yet, one of the E63 awds. Those mercedes will kill you with service and parts, costing several thousand to replace things that shouldn't be an issue and shouldn't require taking the engine out for, etc. That's generally why they are cheap, owners put a bunch of miles on them and then dump them to buy a new one so they won't have to deal with any of those issues. If you can afford to keep the maintenance up, probably not a bad car, but their potential for maintenance/service costs is way greater.

The C63 has never been the fastest around a racetrack, most vids I've seen have it screatching around and coming in behind the M3 every time, it never puts the power down on the track. I have a buddy that races an AMG C63 and it comes stock with 235 tires up front, he was racing and blew one out. Those tires are way way too small for that car, it's weight, the power, etc. It shreds the tires. That' probably contributes to the vids I've seen where it never seems to maintain traction.

The 1LE is simply better technology for a track, better chassis (stiffer), good weight bias, better suspension, better tires, lighter, etc...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote