View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #51
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
We agree on most of that, but I don't understand why you are saying Chevy does not see the need to adjust anything due to ride height.

Interesting, I'd like to know as well.
I'm quoting what the guy from SPL said, so I can't comment on whether or not he is right. My track has 19 turns in a 1 minute and 20 second lap so it is corner heavy and technical.

This could all be a waste of money but only one thing is for sure, he definitely wants mine!
Please re read my post #30. "Some guy" telling you that "some track guys" run high caster without understanding just how fast they are in the first place and what other mods they may have in a second place is just plain noise best not to pay attention to.

PS GM sells a lowering kit for a non 1LE SS without any specs re changing caster.

PSS By design, the more caster the less responsive steering, the less responsive car = the more understeer.
No race cars run such high caster, unless they are mid/rear engine cars. To the contrary, they usually run less than our stock caster to make them as responsive as possible.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote