View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #36
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEZL1 View Post
I'm kinda shocked you lost the brakes with the DTC70s and Motul 660.
But then again I boiled Motul 660 in my little lotus Elise, switched to SRF and never had an issue again.

My camaro came with SRF and DTC70s and despite having approx 700whp and going from about 145-45 into turn 1 at my local track the brake setup seemed completely and utterly unfazed.
I had the Re71s up front singing under braking too, and the tires were greasy, but brakes, brakes were awesome.

Cooling ducts should help, even if you weren't completely fading the pads, it would still likely help with pad life. If you're fading them, yes it would help, but the biggest bang for the buck would likely be the shims, if it's the fluid thats boiling. Is the pedal going to the floor, or it's firm but the car's just not stopping in as short of a distance?
How long were your tracking sessions and how long of a break did you have in between sessions?

This only happens to me when I don’t take a 40 minute break between my 20 minute sessions

I’m also using Goodyear super car 3R tires in 305 front and 325 rear widths, which I understand to be the stickiest non-slicks you can buy, Which will definitely allow the brakes to work harder than with RE 71s

The car gives me a warning on the corner before the corner where the pedal goes to the floor by not stopping very well, on the next corner the fluid boils... the first time I chose to ignore this and almost crashed the car, the second time I did not ignore it!