View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Were both wheels at the same jounce position? I.e., were they both on the ground or up in the air? The sway bar's (also called an anti-roll bar) main function is resisting any suspension motion that isn't the same on both the left and right sides. For instance, if both front wheels are moving up and down at the same time like when hitting a speed bump squarely, the sway bar just rotates in the bushings and doesn't have an impact. If the wheels are moving independent of one another like when the car rolls in a corner or one side of the car is lifted in the air, the sway bar will be twisted and create a force that tries to un-twist the bar. When you remove one of the links, the bar will simply rotate in the bushing instead of twisting since one end is free and cause a misalignment between the free sway bar link and its home on the strut or control arm depending on your vehicle setup.

If you had only one side of the car up in the air and could freely remove and replace the links then it sounds like there's something wrong with your sway bar because it isn't doing anything to resist suspension roll.
You sound like an expert in this installation, so you must be right. However, it is indeed possible to jack one side of the car by the pinch weld at full suspension droop and to remove & reinstall a sway bar end link. Whatever else you are trying to say with regards to the function of a sway bar seems accurate. Have you performed this install or removed the end links on a 5th gen or 6th gen? I have numerous times on multiple cars. My suggestion is to get a shop manual and connect some of these typed words above to reality.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote