View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you uncheck the SES light, your monitors will never show ready. That’s how you fail in states that plug into your ALDL port. You have to leave it checked, but set the drop down menu to “No Error Reported”.

Permanent codes will not go away on ‘17-up cars unless you’ve fixed the problem. To avoid P0420/P0430, you must set those to “No Error Reported”... *BEFORE* you install the headers! Otherwise, the permanent codes will not go away, even with a full ECM write. You would have to reinstall the OEM cats, wait for the permanent codes to clear, then set it to “No Error Reported”, then reinstall the headers. If someone is more knowledgeable about this than me, please feel free to chime in. But living in a smog nazi state (MA) has taught me the hard way. Lol

My understanding is that 2016 cars can shut the codes off afterward and just do a full ECM write, and that will erase the permanent codes. But I cannot verify that as I have a ‘17.
Yeah I wish I would have thought about this before I installed my cam, but I didn't expect my cam to be as bad on unburnt hydrocarbons as it is, my guess is that it's just got too much overlap and let's too much unburnt fuel out the exhaust valve, but it still dosent make sense that after calculating my exhaust valve closing and even with my injection timing the injector should be spraying only after it's closed. So I guess it also could be poor combustion from having to much exhaust gas in the cylinder on the compression stroke that's interfering with complete combustion.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote