Thread: E85 tune issues
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #9
ride_002000

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_Gregory View Post
Maybe you can get your tuner to list the switches and settings he's making. Get an account on the HP Tuner forum and publish the settings. There are some sharp people on the forum and the advice will come quickly.

It could be the tuner is making an incorrect setting. If you want, send me a PM and I'll forward you my settings. Altogether there are ten changes I made. I have them all listed in a tree level format. Here is one change: - Fuel - Flex Fuel - General - Flex Fuel = Enabled
Changing the Stoich value is one change with the entry of seventeen different numbers.

If you have HPTuners you can compare your adjusted tune to a stock tune and see where the differences are. HPTuners has a compare function that shows changes between the two tune files. It's easy enough that a novice can use the function. If there's one change or fifty changes, you'll see the difference.

If you don't have your original tune, there may be one on the HP Tuner website you can snag one from, or I can send you mine.

What year is your vehicle? The newer vehicles need more tricks to unlock the engine control module.

Thanks for the input. I dont have hptuners. I'm using an SCT BDX to tune. The car runs great just the gas gauge is acting up when flex fuel is enabled. Tuner says they aren't changing anything that would affect fuel gauge. They sent me one tune with flex fuel not enabled and gauge works, once they enable flex it freaks out. And they have never seen this before.

I'm wondering if it's the flex fuel sensor/kit. But since I can read ethanol content and car runs good im thinking it's good.

SCT says since it seems like the device is loading the tune fine that they can't help.
ride_002000 is offline   Reply With Quote