View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoldsmith286 View Post
Im trying to do some research... Edelbrock has been making a Supercharger for the v6 Camaro for a year or 2 now but I haven't seen anyone using a Cold air intake with this set up? Why is that the case? Iv seen the Procharger kit using the GM Performance intake along with the the super charger? Iv also talked to a Edelbrock dealer who told me the instructions say use the factory air box because of the tubing and tune are set up for that set up but why can't we just extend or fab the tubing to fit a cold air intake? Any thoughts?
It is because of the new location of the throttle body. The factory throttle body location is almost dead center of the engine, the Edelbrock set up has the throttle body off to the Passenger side.

So that makes most aftermarket intake tubes not long enough to reach the new location of the throttle body. A new tube would have to be made, that is typically something that most intake manufacturers will not do unless they see a large demand for it.

You could potentially adapt the supplied Edelbrock tube to the intake box that you have. This would be accomplished a bit easier then getting a new tube made.

Now as for the tune. Edelbrock designed the kit to work with the factory box, so their files are calibrated for the factory box. There would be a minimal change to the file if an aftermarket box was in place. Its not much but in order for them to get those systems CARB approved they have to create calibrations with the factory box.

ProCharger is able to adapt it cause of the way they route their tubing and the test car they used already had the intake on it. Since it was a GM intake kit the location of everything was going to be the same as the factory box, if not then they would be using the factory box to design the kit.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote