View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:34 AM   #7935
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
HAHAHA barely make one lap w/ 16 gallons? What track is this you are referring to? This is why people laugh at you. Even at 2 mpg, the GT500 could go 32 miles.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM ABSOLUTELY LAUGHING AT HIM AGAIN! I thought he mistyped that but then he doubled down and said it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
He probably wanted to say one lapping day? That could happen.

When I brought my SS 1LE to a lapping day last time, I started with the needle at 3/4 mark and ended with the needle at 1/4 mark. Keep in mind, I wasn't pushing my car to the absolute limits as that was my first time. With a GT500 on a full tank, I could see the tank size being an issue for an entire day. You might have to shell out a bit of money for the expensive track has.

Sent from toaster or something
Nope he said it twice. Edit: Now he actually said it 3 times I thought he meant one session which is correct and not even close to one day. Yes you will use a full tank even in a SS on a full track day at advanced pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes. Barely one lap. I saw a post on a Mustang site with a guy who took his to the track and barely got thru 1 lap on 1 tank. And several of them have complained about frequent gas trips. And who exactly is "laughing" at me? You and your Mustang buddies? LOL, I have a ZL1 and a Hellcat. And I'll own your dream car before you if I had half the mind to go buy one. Trust me, I'm not worried about a bunch of dudes in Mustang GTs "laughing" at me.
ME ME ME I'M LAUGHING AT YOU, because what you said is 100% stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Our ZL1 gets a measured 4mpg on track when driven reasonably aggressively (HPDE) on track tires. At a race pace, I could see 3mpg pretty easily... which equates to nearly a gallon a lap on longer tracks. I'm not buying the 'one lap to empty' line, but IIRC there were some fuel gauge issues early on with the GT500s that were causing problems. What is certainly possible is a car that uses 10 gallons of fuel in a 20-30 minute HPDE session. That gets old pretty quick.

10-12mpg on the street with a 15 gallon tank would drive me crazy. Our ZL1 gets 19mpg in 'around town' driving and 22-24mpg on the highway. I don't like to go below 1/4 tank in normal driving. In our ZL1, that's ~250-270 miles. It sounds like a GT500 would be there in 110-130 miles... makes it pretty unusable, IMHO.

Not that it matters all that much. There are five GT500s among the 'car guys' in our little town now. None of them do anything but drive them to C&C once a month anyway...
Very well said
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote