View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #630
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
That drag race talk is just stupid crap , want to drag race than build your own its not that hard . I don't get some people and their lame crap .
Let me know when you can "build your own" drag racer, the C8 does a sub 3 0 -60, that is fast, no matter if you use a drag race, stopwatch, street fight or just get beat down by the car. Please find me a single 1LE on this board with street tires with ANY FORM of power added that can do a sub 3.0 0 - 60. For me I think it can be done but will require a Zl1 trans or a 3.27 rear gear set out of a 3.6 1LE... cause the manual can't shift fast enough for the sub 3.0.

"Not that hard" by somebody that has not done it. Lastly, there are 1LE at my local autoX and road race, so far I have not been impressed. Maybe they need a larger track dunno. Maybe the old geezer drivers that own them just can't shift anymore

So far there seems to be two guys on a older Mustang owner and a 1LE owner, that are insistent that performance only counts when it comes to them and their cars, but can't count when it comes to the C8. I for one think the C8 will destroy both of your cars from street to race to everything in-between. If you can't afford one great, neither can I. But obviously the performance derived from the mid-engine layout and the DCT are a game-changer PERIOD. That Chevy decided on NOT spending money on a transmission that can't offer the same performance. That Chevy can deliver said car for under 60K!!!!! Come guys it would seem you anger is miss directed. There has always been better, faster and in this case better looking. At some point in time you have to pay to play. No my muscle car is not "slower" since the announcement of the C8, but it is now regulated to a 2nd tier status for sure. That is the REALITY of the situation.

This is just like American Gaffitty, growing up we all knew there was such a thing as a Shelby Road Cobra, I never saw one, I wanted one, I dreamed of building my own kit car. I knew it was a car that clearly outperformed anything I could cobble together. But in the real world, nobody had one, so yep you could build a 340 to dominate most of the street (there is always faster)

Well, the reality is back except this time, IT IS REAL, there will lots of them c8 sat 40K and more and more each year. I is a game-changer and teenage boys are going to be putting up posters of the C8 in their room vs hemi Cuda, Hellcats et all. Heck given what my son is making out of UT ME as an intern, these boys can buy one 1 day out of college.

I can see my grandkid ask why would anybody stick a heavy engine in front of a performance car grandpa? Seems kind of silly. Almost like having a stick in the transmission so you can poke the gears around! Crazy talk.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote