View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro6Dave View Post
So took my Camaro in on Thursday morning. Didn't hear back until late afternoon that a new belt was on order, but wouldn't be in until Saturday.

On Saturday found out that the original mechanic that was assigned to my car was off. So it got reassigned to someone else. Didn't hear back until late afternoon that the reassigned mechanic was too busy and couldn't get to it.

Am I wrong for feeling that I am being jerked around??? Does it take two days to get a belt? And why wasn't my vehicle a priority once belt arrived?

Think I will be calling Service Supervisor on Monday to get some answers!
If they ordered under the old part # it would have backordered and then GM should have superseded the part # to the new one. 12643219 is the old one, 12685983 is the new one. Shows good availability and if your dealer's local PDC doesn't have it, its an auto overnight part from GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Ever think that maybe they had other cars on the lifts torn down to the point that they couldnt get your car back into the shop?

In order to change the AC belt the main belt has to be removed first as the AC belt rides behind it. That isnt taking into account if anything else needs to come off to get access to the tensioner that holds the belts on.

Personally I wouldnt had taken the car in for a shredded AC belt. I would had ordered a new Gates belt from the local parts store and replaced it myself and check belt alignment from there as well.
Belt. One tensioner, only for the main serpentine belt. AC is a stretchy belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote