View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #19
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
"If you look at Z/28 history, those have always been naturally aspirated" He did say that, but he did not say that it will always be naturally aspirated. They don't just wake up one morning and say, let's do a Z/28. This stuff is planned from the start of the generation. As he was talking to that reporter, Al already knew that there was an LT5, he already knew that there was going to be a ZR1 and what it was going to be. My point is that if he knew all of that when talking to this reporter, he would also know that the ZL1-1LE was not the last of the line for the Gen 6, and using the historical reference of a being naturally aspirated was a great way of not tipping his hat to future product.

We're not going to see a V8 larger than 6.2L in these cars, I feel pretty confident about that. Forced Induction is the technology of the day, and I don't think the Z/28 is immune to it.
They've already put a 7.0L in the car in the previous generation. They could very easily do exactly this, with an LSX 454 that produces almost 640hp....

Forged internals, almost as fast as a ZL1, but no FI...